Reverend Dorothy Snowball
Guy has been a Governor at Fell Dyke since 2017. Guy is Campus Director at Northumbria University and previously Head of Department and Principal Lecturer at Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University. He has previously held roles in the public and private sector in the areas of strategic marketing and economic development. Having lived in Gateshead all of his life, Guy is an active member of the local community alongside being a committee member and contributor for a range of national organisations including the Association of Business Executives and National Association of School Business Managers.
Emma has been a parent at Fell Dyke and part of the Fell Dyke community since 2007. She has had all of her three children attend our school, 2 of which have since left and moved to Secondary Education.
She has been a willing parent volunteer and has assisted on school visits, swimming and is also a committed volunteer in our breakfast club.
Welcome from the Chair of Governors
Welcome to the Governors’ page of our fantastic school website. On this page you’ll find useful information about what we (as Fell Dyke’s governors) are doing alongside some key information about us.
At Fell Dyke Community Primary School, our team of governors volunteer their time to constantly work with the Head Teacher and staff to move our school forward.
The purpose of having a governing body is to:
- ensure the school has a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction
- help the school to set high standards through target setting and monitoring
- be a critical friend of the school while offering support, advice and a sounding board
- encourage the links between school, parents and the community
- work with the school on planning and developing policies
- keep the school under review and strive for the best
- agree and monitor school policy
- oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money well spent
Our governors are a mixture of parent, staff, local authority and community representatives with a broad range of skills enabling us to be effective in our role within the school.
We meet as a full Governing Body once per term to consider the strategic direction of the school. We also meet in smaller committees to discuss, in further detail, Resources (finance, staffing, premises, health & safety), Curriculum & Pupils. Governors also work with staff to regularly monitor and have a first-hand overview of our school and all year groups from Nursery to Year 6.
Below you’ll find information about who we are, some news/announcements, useful documents and how to contact us.
With best wishes,
Richard Marshall (Chair of Governors)
Governing Body/Committee Membership/Attendance
We currently have a co-opted governor vacancy to fill. If you think you have the skills and experience to be a co-opted governor, please get in touch. In particular we’d like to hear from anyone who has good links with local businesses and the community.
Here are the declared pecuniary interests of the governors. All other governors have confirmed that they have no interests to declare.
|Mr R Marshall||Governor at Caedmon Primary School|
|Ms K Savage, Mrs H Sellars,
Mrs R Smith
|Staff at Fell Dyke|
The full original signed paper copy is kept at school for reference and updated at least annually.
Useful information and documents
- ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT – You may wonder what the Fell Dyke governors get up to. In order to illustrate some of our work we’ve produced an Annual Governance Statement which is updated annually. Read our Annual Governance Statements here…
- AGS 2016-17 (Link to document)
- AGS 2015-16 (Link to document)
- AGS 2014-15 (Link to document)
- BEING A GOVERNOR – Want to know more about the role of governor and what processes we have in place in school for the election/appointment of governors. We’ve produced an information pack that should answer your questions! Click here to view the document (LINK TO GOVERNOR INFORMATION DOC).
- POLICY – You can read our “Payment of governors’ allowances policy” by clicking here. (LINK TO POLICY)
Getting in touch with governors
You can write to the governors at:
The Governing Body (or The Chair of Governors)
Fell Dyke Community Primary School
Or Email: FellDykeCommunityPrimarySchool@gateshead.gov.uk – please ensure you include “FAO the governors” or “FAO the Chair of governors” in the subject line.
In person: We try to ensure a governor is available and in school during the parent teacher consultations although this does depend on the workload/personal commitments of governors. You may also see governors in and around school and at events from time to time – we usually wear a lanyard with “Governor” clearly marked.
Complaints & concerns: If your contact is regarding a concern or complaint please refer to the school’s complaints procedure.
In accordance with the school policy we ask that parents wishing to contact governors or who wish to make a complaint contact us using the above details. Parents must not use social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.) to raise concerns about the school or to have conversation with governors about school matters. Governors will support school leaders who take further action for comments made on social media.